The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrel Mail config Overwritten

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by l00ph0le, Sep 27, 2007.

1. l00ph0le

l00ph0le Member

Good evening,

I have been trying to solve this question for the last several days and am looking for some assistance.

Basically, CPanel is overwriting my squirrelmail config files. Now i have looked through the forums and tried the one most commonly referred to fix..

That fix is to chattr +i the config.php file, which I have done, however, if I do that and the update runs at night i end of with internal server errors.

Now I also read a README file that said about tarring files adn leaving them at different places and that the update-squirrelmail script will skip the update if it finds them, However I have no idea how to even start that fix.. some dumbed down instructions would be great.

The only other thing I have read is to have another installation of squirrelmail on the server, However, I am not to keen on doing that.

Can anyone give me some good detailed help on this?

It would be apprecitated.

Respectfully

L00ph0le

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If it is a single file (e.g. config.php), the following is a base to start from:

Code:
    cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php ~/squirrelmail_config.php
    touch /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    chmod +x /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    vim /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install

Contents of /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

cp /root/squirrelmail_config.php /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php
    chown cpanel:cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php

Customize the above to your particular needs.

3. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can confirm this works and would like to see it made sticky.

4. ilearn_webtech

Applying attributes is not a very practical solution . Attributes can completely corrupt some configuration files during updates when applied . Trying to find out the reason behind automatic changes is the best thing to do .