The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrel Mail problem, delete and goes back to page 1.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by c3uc3, Jan 10, 2005.

1. c3uc3

c3uc3 Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Hi to all,

Just got this complain from my customer,

We are more comfortable and trained mostly in squirrel mail……. The problem I highlighted about is about squirrel mail I deleted some mails from page 2 the program will refresh to page one automatically…. same for deleting from 3rd page the program will refresh to page one again and it is quite irritating. Our previous provider doesn’t have this problem in squirrel mail….. So it should be some settings issue from your side, and not faults with squirrel mail. The rest of the mailing program we would not be using much also therefore you do not need to worry about them…. All we want is squirrel mail.

I am just curious, is there a setting to set the refresh to the last seen page or is it not configurable?
  2. dysk

dysk Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Unfortunately not. The reasoning behind it is that the page number shifts whenever you delete messages, so page three wouldn't have the same messages in it as page three did before you deleted some.
    The way squirrelmail handles this is just by paging back to the beginning. I'm sure that other webmails just put up with the page shifting.
    It may be possible to hack the sourcecode to make it behave the way you wanted, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a setting.