Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SquirrelMail 1.4.4 rc1 - address book and user prefs gone?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ryno267, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ryno267

ryno267 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What I'm doing is updating to latest version of Squirrelmail that just came out (1.4.4 rc1).

Now I have squirrelmail in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/squirrelmail

Did this for various reasons... not the problem though.... So I downloaded new one (wget) and made into /squirrelmail_new and setup the config and everything. I copied the old data directory from /squirrelmail to /squirrelmail_new but when I log in I get errors:
    Now in that data dir - there is a bunch of address books (.abook) and user prefs (.pref) and a few .sig files. Now my question is why will they not import?

I don't want to switch over to the new email and ditch everybody's address books / sigs / prefs / etc....

Any idea on how to do that?

Thanks so much!

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Check the permissions and ownerships. There shouldn't be any problem.

3. ryno267

ryno267 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    well the permissions are all the same and so is ownership on the data dir.

Perm: 777
    Owner: nobody:nobody

It has the same data in it as the old dir - but when I login to the new webmail I get those errors about the sig file.

Now... I just deleted my sig file and now logging in works just fine and so does the address book and preferences as far as I can tell.

So... was there an error maybe in the sig file? or did Squirrelmail change the way it does sigs? I would like to be able to do a full transfer next time instead of dumpin everybody's sig file.

Thanks guys.