The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrelmail Addons

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by slesnick3, Oct 21, 2003.

1. slesnick3

slesnick3 Member

I was reading how to install addons for Squirrelmail manual by editing the config.php file

However, while I was able to install the spelling addon, I wasn't able to configure it ... which is something I beleive one could do if they could configure plugins using the ./conf.pl which isn't possible with the default cpanel install ...

Does anyone know how to add and configre plugins for the default cpanel install of squirrelmail.

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear slesnick3,

You have to download the required plugins available at the squirrelmail website.
    http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins.php

Unzip the plugin to the squirrelmail plugin directory in cpanel
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugin/

Every plugin should come with a README file that you may want to read first before adding the plugin since you may want to edit it to suit your needs. However, most plugins require no configuration.

Go back to the main SquirrelMail/config directory and run the configure script, by executing;

./conf.pl

Hit selection #8 for Plugins. If you did it correctly in creating and moving the uncompress files to the new directory, you should see all the available plugins including the one we just made, \"newplugin\" among the list. Select the plugin(s) you want to install by selecting the plugin number then hit \"S\" to save your selection and exit.

Regards,

3. slesnick3

slesnick3 Member

The ./conf.pl is not in this directory or anywhere else for that matter. Just to clarify, I am running the latest stable release of Cpanel (8.5.3) on Redhat 8 .. although that shouldn't matter. The Squirrel mail I am using is part of this Cpanel installation.

There is a script in that directory call configure that tries to access the ./conf.pl command which, again, is nowhere to be found.

Is it possible to copy that command from a second installation or ziped file to that directory?

4. slesnick3

slesnick3 Member

download source files and ...

I went ahead and tried my idea of downloading the source files from the sourceforge, and then coping over the specific conf.pl file to the config directory which worked. I was able to open and edit the suqirrelmail configuration. With this being said, I was not however, able to get the spelling plugin to work correctly.

THis is helpful if you want to add SpamCop or other PLugins such as the Calendar.

- Don

5. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Squirrelmail Addons

As far as I know, cPanel does not provide this file by default. You will need to obtain this file from a squirrelmail install in order to run it.

6. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Calendar SQL addon

Hello,

was wondering if any got the SquirrelMail addon for the calendar to work, the calendar_sql_backend addon? We installed in, the calendar does work, but nothing is ever added to the database.

the config file is setup correctly, the MySQL DB and tables created, but nothing seems to be added to the databases when adding a event to the calendar.

any help would be appreciated.

Mickalo