The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrelmail affects mailbox permissions / modes

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by spaceman, Aug 29, 2003.

1. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2002
    I've found a direct correlation between use of SquirrelMail (webmail) and changes in permissions in the corresponding user's mailbox files.

Run this script:

I'm getting lots of errors like this:

Incorect mode on mailbox /home/accname/mail/ (0600).. fixing

Running this script fixes all permissions. Running it twice in quick succession should produce no errors the second time. Then go use SquirrelMail for any user on the server, run the script again - and there are the errors again on that specific you just accessed using SquirrelMail.

So what? Some (all?) users who are using SquirrelMail are reporting that they are getting timeout errors trying to connect to the mail server (whether via webmail or via Outlook/Express). I haven't yet proved 100% a direct correlation between usage of SquirrelMail and timeout problems accessing their mail (there may be other factors at work). Nor do I know yet if the timeout problems occur immediately after the first use of SquirrelMail (I think not).

Any advice/comments anyone? Support Ticket Number: