The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squirrelmail dependencies issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by poppyq, May 14, 2006.

1. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

So I've been using the latest release version (as of this it is R83), and when running upcp I get the following dependency issue with squirrelmail:

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
    squirrelmail 1.4.6-5.el3 requires php-mbstring

using RHEL3. I found one post that says to not use the system update of squirrelmail because cpanel provides their own version, but if that is the case, why doesn't cpanel automatically exclude it from updates like it does with other things like the php version? I haven't been able to find a way to resolve this issue other than excluding squirrelmail in up2date and I'm not sure if that's the proper way to do it. Any suggestions on what to do? Do I just ignore it since it doesn't seem to be causing any issues?

2. tuxdesk

tuxdesk Well-Known Member

check "php -m | grep mbstring". If it is not listing mbstring, recompile apache (/scripts/easyapache) with mbstring. It will solve the issue.

3. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

I have already compiled apache with mbstring, and running the command you gave shows it, there seems to be a difference between compiling it with mbstring and actually having the php-mbstring package installed (there is an rpm available for old versions of php). I still get the dependency error when running upcp.

4. freedog96150

freedog96150 Well-Known Member

Did this ever get resolved??? I seem to be getting dependancy issues related to mbstring. I have the option checked in easyapache, but that is not resolving the issue.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should not be trying to install the RHE version of squirrelmail as it isn't used by cPanel and it shouldn't have been installed with the original OS. To stop it coming up add squirrelmail* to the pkgskiplst in up2date.