The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrelmail HTML Display after CPanel Upgrade

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rogerh, Sep 10, 2014.

1. rogerh

rogerh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hope this is the right forum to post this. I am hosting on Host Gator shared server. Ever since the latest CPanel and/or PHP upgrade, html messages are not displaying correctly in Squirrlmail. The layout is all over the page and part of the messages (tables I believe) are not displaying at all. I believe that Squirrelmail is bundled with CPanel. Host Gator says they cannot do anything about the problem.

Anyone else seeing similar problems? I figure this needs to be brought up to CPanel developers since it is part of the bundle? Or Squirrelmail?

Thanks,

Roger

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, did your hosting provider reference a case number? If not, could you have them open a ticket with us so we can take a closer look and reproduce the issue?

Thank you.

3. rogerh

rogerh Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    No. Unfortunately. their answer is "we are unable to make changes to the Squirrel Mail code, and because of this we are not going to be able to correct the display issues you are seeing." I would think that as the service provider, they would want to open a ticket to fix this, but they said that I "would likely have the best success putting in a bug report with cPanel". I am just trying to figure out if this is a common problem.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't see any active cases that resemble your specific description of this issue. We would need access to your server to reproduce the issue, but since you are on a shared hosting plan, that won't be possible. Could you ask for more details from your hosting provider, or point them to this forums thread so we can obtain some more information?

Thank you.