Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Squirrelmail - Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by aingaranweb, Jan 12, 2006.

1. aingaranweb

aingaranweb Well-Known Member

We're getting the following error in Squirrelmail, while trying to read, search, compose (do anything basically)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on
    line 333

I can try to increase the time from 30 seconds to say 60 seconds. But, is there anything else that can be done to fix this?

2. mdbasco

mdbasco Member

Has anyone found a resolution to this?

Squirrelmail - Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

I have a brand new install throwing this error when opening certain messages. I haven't determined if there is anything special about the messages, but on the surface, there doesn't appear to be. The entire mailbox has <10 messages.

3. mdbasco

mdbasco Member

I have found a solution that appears to have worked (for me, at least)

I set $allow_server_sort = TRUE in the squirrelmail config.php file.

Now supposedly, this setting requires that the IMAP server supports server side sort. I could not confirm that my IMAP server does. According to what I read, the connect string one sees when connecting to the IMAP server: telnet server.domain.com imap should return a string listing its capabilities; one of which should be sort. This wasn't the case for me; however, the setting has shown no ill effects yet. It has only been in place a few hours, though.

Can anyone confirm whether a default cPanel IMAP server supports server side sort?