The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SquirrelMail page not found error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by BluEyeGuy, Feb 14, 2008.

1. BluEyeGuy

BluEyeGuy Registered

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Hope someone can help me out.

Ok here is my problem. I have a client that is having trouble accessing SquirrelMail on my VPS. They attempt to login at http://www.mydomain.com/webmail. They enter in their username (user@mydomain.com) and then their password. The browser accepts the credentials and brings up the page showing the SquirrelMail icon and the 6 choices below to change password, forwarding options, etc. Now when they click on the icon to login to SquirrelMail they immediately get a page not found error message. I have tried logging in myself through 5 different computers using (XP, Windows 2000) and SquirrelMail comes up perfectly for me each and every time, so I know it is working properly.

I connected to her computer via Windows remote assistance (me on XP Pro, client on Vista). I was able to reproduce the page not found error. I tried using Internet Explorer and Firefox and had the same issue.

My only guess is it could be some sort of security software running on the clients system that is preventing it from displaying properly. I noticed they were running McAfee Security Suite. Could that be the issue? I’d like to know if anyone else has had this issue before I go changing settings and exploring around on the clients computer.

In the interim, the client is using Mozilla Thunderbird to access their IMAP mail and that does work, but I need to figure out what could be causing this error.

Thanks in advance for your help and/or suggestions.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be a firewall issue or cookies being blocked. Does horde work fine on the suspect computer? If so, look into cookies and be sure they are being accepted. Also clear out all private data and files from the browsers.

3. BluEyeGuy

BluEyeGuy Registered

I haven't tried Horde as my client was already used to using SquirrelMail previously, so I had disabled it in WHM. I'll enable it, give it a try and let you know. Yeah I cleaned out all cookies and temp files in both IE and Firefox. The client is not behind a router, but just using the Windows Firewall and McAfee Security Suite. Thanks again for the suggestion.