The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrelmail Plugins

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pphas, Nov 1, 2007.

1. pphas

pphas Member

I've recently been installing new Squirrelmail plugins. They make a great addition to the software and I was fondly using them. However, after a cPanel update my regular configuration got restored and the Squirrelmail plugins were set back to normal, erasing the ones I had manually downloaded and installed and leaving only the ones that come with the regular configuration. I have been reading on the forum and seen that this is a known issue, but I can't find a solution. Does anybody know how to keep the plugins when cPanel is updated?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. pphas

pphas Member

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am in doubt about two things:

1. I do not understand what is being done. I will look up all commands but could someone provide a one-line summary of what is being done here:

Code:
    cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php ~/squirrelmail_config.php
    touch /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    chmod +x /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    vim /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install
    Contents of /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

cp /root/squirrelmail_config.php /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php
    chown cpanel:cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/config/config.php
    2. How about this comment? Any thoughts about this?

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    SM config is being copied to the root directory so you can customize what settings/plugins you want to retain during cPanel updates.

cPanel updates look to the /var/cpanel/squirrelmail/install file to determine what actions to take during SM/upcp updates.

The comment by ilearn in the other thread was addressing the original posters fix to use chattr +i to make the config.php file immutable. As stated it is better to determine the reasons behind the automatic changes.

The solution posted by cpanelkenneth precludes the need to chattr the config file.

5. pphas

pphas Member

OK thanks a lot! I will study the command and try to implement this.