The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SquirrelMail plugins

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SonicE, Dec 26, 2007.

1. SonicE

SonicE Member

Hi all. I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask but I have a small issue with SquirrelMail plugins. I installed the fillter plugin using "sh configure" and it works. The problem is everytime when I perform a system upgrade (WHM/cPanel) I need to reinstall all used plugins. How can i prevent this override of the SquirrelMail config file?

Thanks

2. RizyDeWino

RizyDeWino Well-Known Member

You can make the squirrel mail config file immutable by using 'chattr +i' command, if you are not on a vps.

3. rrwh

rrwh Well-Known Member

A much safer thing to do is to make use of the calls in /scripts/upcp

specifically, write yourself a couple of NEW scripts

/scripts/preupcp
    /scripts/postupcp

Use the preupcp script to make sure you take a backup copy of the config file that has all of your plugins enabled in it, along with the plugins directory,

use the postupcp file to restore these files if they get "updated" and removed during the update process.

This method will work for every customised config that you make to your system that has been "overlooked". This method will work regardless of the OS. This is what I am doing for the moment and it seems to work out OK.