The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squirrelmail & roundcube disappeared

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by btwatts, Oct 24, 2010.

1. btwatts

btwatts Active Member

I had squirrelmail horde and roundcube running just fine (mostly) when suddenly and without changing any settings (Tweak Settings still says use all three) both squirrelmail and roundcube stopped working. It's almost like someone explicitly uninstalled them (did CPanel do this?).

I spent quite a bit of time looking for directions on how to re-install squirrelmail and roundcube, but haven't seen anything specifically addressing this problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

How should I proceed?

Thanks!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please try a forced cPanel update. We didn't remove SquirrelMail and Roundcube from cPanel, so they should still install:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    If that doesn't work, then check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when loading the webmail page to see whether any errors occur in the logs.

Next, after the update completes if they aren't showing up, please check for /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty folder to see if roundcube and squirrelmail are listed there.

Also, check /var/cpanel/userhomes and paste the contents of running this:

Code:
    ls -lah /var/cpanel/userhomes
    Finally, by not working, they are there and produce errors or they aren't even appearing at all in webmail interface? If you are getting errors on trying to access one or both of them, please provide the error or specific details on what is happening (such as I try to log in and get a failure, I see a blank page, I get an error message such as, etc.).

Thanks.

3. btwatts

btwatts Active Member

I did the /scripts/upcp --force

This did not change anything for me.

The log file /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log does not contain any new information when I access any of the webmail options.

# ls -lah /var/cpanel/userhomes
    total 36K
    drwx--x--x 7 root root 4.0K Dec 16 2009 ./
    drwx--x--x 67 root root 12K Oct 26 13:58 ../
    drwxr-xr-x 4 cpanel cpanel 4.0K Dec 16 2009 cpanel/
    drwx--x--x 4 cpanelhorde cpanelhorde 4.0K Nov 6 2009 cpanelhorde/
    drwx--x--x 4 cpanelphpmyadmin cpanelphpmyadmin 4.0K Nov 6 2009 cpanelphpmyadmin/
    drwx--x--x 4 cpanelphppgadmin cpanelphppgadmin 4.0K Nov 6 2009 cpanelphppgadmin/
    drwx--x--x 4 cpanelroundcube cpanelroundcube 4.0K Nov 6 2009 cpanelroundcube/

By not working, I'm not seeing anything but a 404 error when attempting to access squirrelmail and roundcube. Horde works fine.

https://www.mydomain.com:2096/cpses...in.php?Horde=100995ec82e4160730437039acc70475

But squirrelmail gets a 404 error:

https://www.mydomain.com:2096/cpsess7580545506/3rdparty/squirrelmail/index.php

And roundcube also gets a 404 error (the roundcube icon is missing also):

https://www.mydomain.com:2096/cpsess7580545506/3rdparty/roundcube/index.php

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check the log for roundcube at /var/cpanel/roundcube/log/errors and provide the error here. You can also try updating Roundcube and Squirrelmail using these commands:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-roundcube --force
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-squirrelmail --force
    What about this part that I asked previously?

Do those directories exist?

5. btwatts

btwatts Active Member

Problem identified and fixed.

Problem has been fixed.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-roundcube --force
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-squirrelmail --force

Solved the problem.

I think I identified the problem.

I set the immutable bit on the configuration file because I'm not too sure how to keep the configuration from changing on my CPanel server. My system requires using sendmail instead of SMTP for outgoing mail...

My guess is that the update process attempted to remove things and failed in the process, thus leaving my system both squirrelmail-less and roundcube-less.

Thanks for your help!