The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SquirrelMail support forum?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mrskippy, Aug 12, 2006.

1. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Is there a support forum anywhere for SquirrelMail? Having a few issues with it. When I try to delete mail get a "page not found" error and it just doesn't seem stable.

Also, have issues with plugins. Anywhere to find installation docs for the plugins. Have them on my server, but tons of errors or otherwise just not working.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you have visited Squirrelmail Web site, you'll get answers to your questions, http://www.squirrelmail.org/

3. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Can't find it anywhere?

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If this concerns an unmodified cPanel installation of SquirrelMail, you would need to contact your cPanel license provider for support.

If this concerns your own installation of SquirrelMail, or a modified version of a cPanel installation, a good option would be the SquirrelMail website, as Andy Reed suggested: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/SeekingHelp

5. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

This is a cPanel installation.

6. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

FYI ...

SquirrelMail folks said to check with the cPanel folks, as SquirrelMail for cPanel is a custom build. Perhaps someone out there can assist me. Things are obviously jacked up in my Webmail config.

7. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Your best option would be to seek support via your cPanel license provider.

Have you tried this?

8. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

Who is my license provider? I get it on my VPS automatically, but my host won't provide any support, period. They just tell me to go to forums.cpanel.net

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Then your host is wrong. They have to provide cPanel support for you as the first line of support for them to be a licensed provider of cPanel on your VPS. If they're not doing it, move to a responsible provider. It is their responsibility to report any issues that you have with cPanel that they cannot help with to cPanel on your behalf. cPanel may help you if you log a ticket through WHM, however if you do I would suggest you inform cPanel that your provider is not giving the support they should be doing.

10. mrskippy

mrskippy Active Member

The provider says that I have to pay for a managed VPS in order to get cPanel support. I didn't think that was right, since there is a license involved. I'll see if I can't get a ticket in through somehow, because things are really just not working.

I would love to find a host. My monthly expenses are limited. I don't have high demands. But, I just need to be able to get a little help to get things running smoothly.

Sorry for cross-posting, but the other issue was definately a cPanel issue (not a SQMail issue) and is happening directly within cPanel.

11. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It isn't right. If they provide you with a cPanel license, they have to provide you with first line cPanel support.