The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrelmail won't receive mail, what should I check?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Vatoloco, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

With squirrelmail I can send out e-mails without a problem, but it won't receive any mail. I don't have any other web based e-mail applications installed, so I'm not sure if this is specific to squirrelmail but I can send and receive with no problems by using Outlook Express.

Any idea what I should check to make sure squirrelmail is setup correctly?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This is probably a usage problem. Squirrelmail doesn't actually 'receive' email, it uses IMAP to look at the mail file that is sitting on the server.

Remember that the login for any of the webmails is the email address you are checking. Perhaps you are using the account username? That would not show you any email sent to an email@yourdomain.com.

3. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

That must be it, but what is strange is that I use to be able to get it when just logging in with my username.

I've never setup a specific e-mail address, I just have my username as the catch-all. Well, I tried setting one up and then I login with that e-mail address and it works to a point. I get past the cPanel login part, but then squirrelmail comes up with "Unknown user or password incorrect."