Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

srever load question [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lorori, Feb 21, 2006.

1. lorori

lorori Registered

srever load question

I have a website on a host's server. recently i've noticed lots of expired pages, long load times and stuff like that. when i check server status in cpanel i notice server load is anywhere from 8 to 20 (4cpus) and is in the red. i have know idea what this means,and i've put in support ticket to my host to find out if this is something i'm causeing and if i somehow am able to fix this. i get no response.
    so i'm hopeing for any advise i can get. i basically have nothing on my site as i'm just starting it up. and i have no idea where to start looking for solutions to this problem. Am i just being ignored by my host?

thanks for any help you can give

2. WestBend

WestBend Well-Known Member

Appears like your on a shared server which means you have no idea just how many sites are on that server.. which means possibly the server is way overloaded and that 4 cpus doesent mean much since its not dedicated to you..

All that being said.. host ignoring you is not a good thing. I would suggest going elsewhere

3. lorori

lorori Registered

thanks

hey thanks for the advise.
    i really appriciate the quick reponse and i'll have to start looking for new host.

4. ctbhost

ctbhost Well-Known Member

when looking for a new host - my advise is to send them a couple of silly questions, doesnt matter what the questions are - the main thing is to see how quickly they respond

in my opinion if they dont respond within a few hours then they are not the host for you (or me)

just my 2 cents worth - customer service is a dying art :(

5. airjrdn

airjrdn Member

Go to http://www.whois.sc and click on Domain Explorer then enter the domain (www.whatever.com) and click search. The page that loads will indicate how many websites are on it.