The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRV record

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brasoveanul, May 9, 2010.

1. brasoveanul

brasoveanul Member

Hi everyone,

I added a SRV record with WHM, following the standard procedure. Then, after a while, I transferred my domain from a shared account to a VPS with WHM. Everything is fine, including the DNS zones and the SRV record, which is there. Unfortunately, it does not show up in DNS, with a command like dig SRV _sipfederationtls._tcp.domain.ext. I deleted and added it again, I restarted BIND, no luck. All the other records and domains on my server work fine. This is the only SRV record I have. Any ideas, what can I do to make it visible in DNS?

LE: Solved! I edited the zone file manually, the record was not stored there in the fully qualified format, with period at the end.

#1 brasoveanul, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Out of pure curiosity, what in the world are you doing with a Cpanel server where you would actually need a SRV record? :confused:

3. brasoveanul

brasoveanul Member

I have a domain whose email is handled by windows live admin, and I need to federate this domain's chat capabilities with other networks, such as yahoo messenger. :)