Sseveral problems just appeared

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
Several problems just appeared

Before several hours my server went down. When we rebooted server , several problema appeared:

1. My clients can not access their accounts via FTP connection. FTP connections just stops at following "Connect socket #568 to 69.93.xxx.xxx, port 21..."

2. I can not created new accounts on server via WHM Cpanel (when I want to do that, respond is just with text "Account creation complete!!!" and account is not created ! There is no building account line-up like everytime when I create account but just this text.

3. In WHM Server/Service status there is weird line-up without all services displaying. There are just disk status, memory and CPU load status and everything abov ethis is missing !

4. In WHM Server/Service status BOOT partition is flashing that it is almost full. I don't know how this suddenly happend as before this server crash it was just at about 60 %.

What should I do about all this ? Any ideas what happend here ?
I'am at the moment at cPanel V 10.8.1-S31

thanks

Last edited:

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
dxer said:
Before several hours my server went down. When we rebooted server , several problema appeared:

1. My clients can not access their accounts via FTP connection. FTP connections just stops at following "Connect socket #568 to 69.93.xxx.xxx, port 21..."
Did you switched between proftpd and pureftpd? If not, make sure the domains in /etc/proftpd.conf are there.

2. I can not created new accounts on server via WHM Cpanel (when I want to do that, respond is just with text "Account creation complete!!!" and account is not created ! There is no building account line-up like everytime when I create account but just this text.
This problem could be a number of different things including permission/ownership, quota, or DNS. It really hard to say. Did you check the log files for more error messages?

3. In WHM Server/Service status there is weird line-up without all services displaying. There are just disk status, memory and CPU load status and everything abov ethis is missing!
Your WHM/cPanel is a little messy now.

4. In WHM Server/Service status BOOT partition is flashing that it is almost full. I don't know how this suddenly happend as before this server crash it was just at about 60 %.v
You need to clean some of the files that got dumped in there. Run this command at the prompt to check on the quota: du -h

Good luck!

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
I fixed this in the meantime, with just an upgrade of cPanel to latest stable and everything came back fine.
Thanks anyway.