The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sseveral problems just appeared

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dxer, Mar 17, 2006.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

Several problems just appeared

Before several hours my server went down. When we rebooted server , several problema appeared:

1. My clients can not access their accounts via FTP connection. FTP connections just stops at following "Connect socket #568 to 69.93.xxx.xxx, port 21..."

2. I can not created new accounts on server via WHM Cpanel (when I want to do that, respond is just with text "Account creation complete!!!" and account is not created ! There is no building account line-up like everytime when I create account but just this text.

3. In WHM Server/Service status there is weird line-up without all services displaying. There are just disk status, memory and CPU load status and everything abov ethis is missing !

4. In WHM Server/Service status BOOT partition is flashing that it is almost full. I don't know how this suddenly happend as before this server crash it was just at about 60 %.

What should I do about all this ? Any ideas what happend here ?
    I'am at the moment at cPanel V 10.8.1-S31

thanks

#1 dxer, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Did you switched between proftpd and pureftpd? If not, make sure the domains in /etc/proftpd.conf are there.

This problem could be a number of different things including permission/ownership, quota, or DNS. It really hard to say. Did you check the log files for more error messages?

Your WHM/cPanel is a little messy now.

You need to clean some of the files that got dumped in there. Run this command at the prompt to check on the quota: du -h

Good luck!

3. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

I fixed this in the meantime, with just an upgrade of cPanel to latest stable and everything came back fine.
    Thanks anyway.