adilhl

Registered
Dec 16, 2020
morroco
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
I have a big problem,
I changed my pc but if try to login my server with root i have error ( no supported authentication methods ( server sent: publickey,gssapi-keyex, gssapi-with-min)
I can't access my dashboard can just access to rescue mode in server
IMG: Screenshot
usually I use ssh [email protected] -p 22 to access server

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about those access issues. It seems like there is an issue with SSH that is causing the server to only accept a connection with a key, instead of using password authentication.

If you can edit the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file in rescue mode, you can make sure that "PasswordAuthentication" and "PermitRootLogin" are both set to "yes" to make logging in as easy as possible with no keys required. If that doesn't work, you may need to speak with your hosting provider or datacenter for additional help.

Reactions: adilhl

adilhl

Registered
Dec 16, 2020
morroco
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about those access issues. It seems like there is an issue with SSH that is causing the server to only accept a connection with a key, instead of using password authentication.

If you can edit the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file in rescue mode, you can make sure that "PasswordAuthentication" and "PermitRootLogin" are both set to "yes" to make logging in as easy as possible with no keys required. If that doesn't work, you may need to speak with your hosting provider or datacenter for additional help.
Thanks for response,
I have already tested this but i have just the ssh_config off current root user i cannot access to general sshd_config

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. If that is the case it seems there are deeper issues with the machine itself than either SSH or the cPanel tools, so working directly with the hosting provider or datacenter would be the best way to get that resolved. I'm sorry there isn't more I can do on my end for this one!