upsforum

Jul 27, 2005
Specific account with ssh access not can see his cron php processes , for example with #htop -u username

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Is this account assigned jailed shell access? Also, please post the output from the following commands:

Code:
grep '' /etc/redhat-release /usr/local/cpanel/version /var/cpanel/envtype ; uname -r
Thank you.

upsforum

Jul 27, 2005
/etc/redhat-release:CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
/usr/local/cpanel/version:11.58.0.31
/var/cpanel/envtype:kvm
3.10.0-327.36.1.el7.x86_64

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Does this system use EasyApache 4? If so, could you check to see if the cron job command references the correct path to the version of PHP enabled on the account? The following document explains how this works:

EasyApache 4 and the ea-php-cli Package - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

If that's configured properly and the issue persists, could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and see what's happening? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I confirm that user use Jailed shell and I use EA 3
Hello,

This behavior is by design when using jailed shell. Here's a quote from one of our developers in a previous inquiry regarding this topic:

The reason it works this way is that each jailshell process on a system that supports the "Mount limited /proc" option for the "Jailed /proc mount method" tweak setting sets up this limited proc environment by using the CLONE_NEWPID flag when launching a shell or other process (CLONE_NEWPID documentation can be found here: clone(2) - Linux manual page) and then remounting /proc based on that new PID namespace. This means that each jailshell process will be in a PID namespace distinct from all others, even if they're running as the same user.
Thank you.