Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Make sure you are using port 2222
You also need to make sure you are using an SSH key since they disable password authentication, if you follow what you linked step by step you will get in.

yogev

Jul 25, 2015
null
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Make sure you are using port 2222
You also need to make sure you are using an SSH key since they disable password authentication, if you follow what you linked step by step you will get in.
Yeah I (and another developer from different computer) did this article step by step. it's really weird.
I'm new to cPanel but i thought that the guide is good.

Can you think of something else that i might forgot?

PS thanks for the quick answer :)

yogev

Jul 25, 2015
null
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
What host are you trying to connect to
What do you mean?
It's my server if that is the question.

Or are you asking for the OS of the server?

I thought of something but i'm not sure if it could cause the problem. my default folder on the server is password protected.

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Are you using putty to connect? If so, it should be asking for a hostname to connect to.
It wouldn't matter if the folder is password protected as it wouldn't be throwing a timeout message.

yogev

Jul 25, 2015
null
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Are you using putty to connect? If so, it should be asking for a hostname to connect to.
It wouldn't matter if the folder is password protected as it wouldn't be throwing a timeout message.
Yeah, i've put my Shared IP Address from cPanel. I also tried using the default domain name.

It's a linux server

EDIT:

yes i'm using putty

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
There is really no risk since anyone can ping your domain and find the IP, I was merely asking so I can see if I have the same issue as you which would indicate an issue that only your host can fix.

Reactions: yogev

Jcats

PartnerNOC
May 25, 2011
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Well the port is supposed to be 2222 based on that article, if the connection fails (times out) it means its a different port not shown on that article or they might have to allow your IP specifically to the firewall. Either way, you may be better off just opening a ticket with them as there isn't to much we can do on the forum other than confirm its not accessible.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I suggest opening a support ticket with your hosting provider if the instructions they are providing do not work as expected. Please update us with the outcome should you choose to do so.

Thank you.