The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSH Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackVengeance, Dec 17, 2007.

1. BlackVengeance

BlackVengeance Registered

Im new here and i need som ehelp with letting the Cpanel team have access via SSH to my server.Its a barnd new server Its shares a network with 2 other computers (One is wireless) I have it set up my desktop is connected to the modem and then an ethernet cord running from my router to the server.I dont really know what to do.So i was told to maybe get some support on My OS cause its Linux and i have never used it before.Its a Linux SUSE 10.0 Server.
    "Without ssh access to your server, our technical support staff has very limited
    options to assist you. "

That what was told to me by a technician Any help i would really appreciate.

2. BlackVengeance

BlackVengeance Registered

Anything at all?

3. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

As you seem new to this what I would recommend would be to install Webmin on the server which gives you a nice easy gui interface to set up and manage the SSH server (and most everything else).

Make sure and do a lot of reading about security.

If your server is behind a nat translation firewall then you are going to need to set up port forwarding to redirect ssh requests through your firewall to the server in question.