The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSH Major Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ldkemp, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ldkemp

ldkemp Registered

Hello,

I am unable to create any SSH connection to my server can anyone help.

I have generate a private key and got it in to Putty but when I do try to connect I get told "Access was denied"

Where do I find the selection to enter the list of IP number the server can accept SSH connection from?

I would be greatful for any help

Thank you

Regards Liam

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You might want to check and make sure TCPWrappers isn't denying your connection. For instance, if you have ssh (or all) denied in /etc/hosts.deny with an entry such as sshd: ALL or ALL: ALL and then you don't have the IP address of the machine you are SSHing _from_ in the /etc/hosts.allow file such as sshd: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx , then TCPwrappers may be denying your access.

Mike

3. ldkemp

ldkemp Registered

Not meaning to sound dumb

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and without out meaning to sound dumb how do I make the checks you suggested without SSH?

Regards Liam

4. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

If you are locked out your via ssh server you will either need your datacentre to connect a screen to the server for you and see if they can quickly fix the server.

Or if you can order/use KVM-Over-IP you will be able to connect to your server as if you had a scren and keyboard plugged in meaning you could totaly bypass ssh and change the config to allow you to connect to the server again.