The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSH Not Updating? Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaintDog, Aug 17, 2002.

1. SaintDog

SaintDog Member

Jul 24, 2002
    I am curious as to why CPanel is not updating SSH when SSH 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 are all vulnerable and 3.4 has been out for a month now?

I have it set to automatically update the software and I would have thought it would have updated everything it should during the automatic updating.

The reason I ask this is because 2 of my boxes have been hacked and I am not having a good time with this. SSH was not updated as it should have been and this leads me to think that SSH and CPanels lack of updating it is the cause of this.

I would greatly appreciate some sort of explanation for this, I do not want this to happen again, when quite frankly it should not have happened in the first place.
  2. porcupine

porcupine Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    i've noticed the same with our two servers, we've had to manually change the sshd_config file as the advisory states, and kinda have been waiting for cpanels auto update to kick in :(.