The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSh questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charter, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Charter

Charter Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Hello, I had someone install a script on my server and had to give them root access to my server.

In order to customize the templates, I have log in myself and edit the templates so that the program has the look and feel of my site.

Someone on this site suggested that I use Putty to login to root on my server.. worked perfect..

now, the files that I need to edit to get the look and feel that I want, I have to edit them.. How can I download these files and edit and reupload them?

I am a linux dummy... the files I have to edit

are /usr/local/xpanel/templates/

and edit headers footers from here

header1.tmpl header2.tmp ...... etc

I am not sure how to download the files and edit and reupload them. I am not even familiar with .tmp files...

Like I said I have found the files.. just not sure what to do now.. the people want lots of cash to change them to match my site.

please help.. thanks
  2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Google for a free program called FileZilla. It will allow you to sFTP which is like a SSH program for FTP access -- only more secure and allows you login as 'root'.