The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSH Shell Access [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eric_259, May 4, 2006.

1. eric_259

eric_259 Registered

Hi I have SSH/Shell Access under cPanel, but I dont know how to make a username to access it. I tried my cPanel username and password and it didn't work. Anyone have any tips on how to create one? P.S I know how to use it because it was working on other host, I had to change hosts because it went down :( If you have AIM/MSN and you can walk me through this, feel free to add me @ eric_259@hotmail.com (MSN) or "iTss eRic" without "'s for my AIM

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From your post it appears you are not the server owner but a end user. If this is correct you nor us will be able to fix this for you. You will need to contact your hosting provider to correct this for you

3. eric_259

eric_259 Registered

But the guy is lazy lol

4. Trevor Goodyear

Trevor Goodyear Registered

Giving SSH access is pretty risky as a host. So it's likely that your host will require some positive identification and possibly a few extra bucks per month before you are granted SSH access. Even a jailed shell can do some damage.

Being lazy shouldn't be a problem. It's a matter of checking one box.