westhost-neil

Jun 3, 2005
UK
Hello,

I've been using my 15 day trial of cPanel for a day now and it doesn't matter what I try I can't seem to get shell access using SSH.

The server had a fresh install of Redhat 3, and then cPanel was installed immediately after. I could access the server using SSH before installing cPanel but now all I get is access denied.

I checked the manual and it mentions clicking the SSH / Shell Access button on the main page, but I don't have this option.

I haven't changed much and the install is pretty much clean, I created a user with SSH access but I get the same access denied error when logging in.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Neil Westlake

bijo

Aug 21, 2004
India
westhost-neil said:
Hello,

I've been using my 15 day trial of cPanel for a day now and it doesn't matter what I try I can't seem to get shell access using SSH.

The server had a fresh install of Redhat 3, and then cPanel was installed immediately after. I could access the server using SSH before installing cPanel but now all I get is access denied.

I checked the manual and it mentions clicking the SSH / Shell Access button on the main page, but I don't have this option.

I haven't changed much and the install is pretty much clean, I created a user with SSH access but I get the same access denied error when logging in.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Neil Westlake

Hello,

Do you have direct access on that machine?. If yes please check the following files /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages and also /etc/ssh/sshd_config

May be it will help you to solve the issue.

Let me know the status.

nickb

Feb 25, 2005
India
Do you have ne firewall installed...? make sure that port 22 is open....