The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSH Timeout during transfer

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by stuart.mccollum, Jan 17, 2015.

1. stuart.mccollum

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey guys,
    The is my first post and I'm sure it won't be my last, however I'm having some issues with a new server and a domain transfer from plesk 9.

As a test I transferred a few smaller domains before I got into the bigger ones with large amounts of email. The smaller domains transferred completely fine with only a few small issues after the transfer process.

I started transferring a large domain today, it is 40GB in size and the transfer tool went totally fine until about 5 hours into the process when an error appeared sayin there was an SSH timeout. The transfer tool reconnected to the plesk server, deleted the created file and stopped the transfer.

I have increased the SSH Timeout timeout time on cPanel and stopped apache on the plesk server but I'm not sure if I am missing something with this and was just wondering if you guys had any recommendations?

The image below is the message that appeared after the transfer tool stopped the transfer.

Screenshot 2015-01-17 21.06.19.png

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    on the large accounts uncheck Copy Home Directory and use rsync to copy the home directory that way you can resume your transfer if SSH times out

3. stuart.mccollum

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Cheers for that, it turned out there was not enough space on the source server to create the backup and then transfer it, I am running the transfer again so fingers crossed it goes ok this time.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see you were able to determine the cause of the problem. Feel free to update us with the outcome and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

5. stuart.mccollum

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to say thanks for your help, I got the big site transferred with no issues.