The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL and Apache?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by WilliamE, Jul 4, 2004.

1. WilliamE

WilliamE Well-Known Member

Sorry can't find any decent documentation on this, could be blind as it's getting late.

Trying to install certificate, have the key, csr and crt all setup through the ssl manager in the cpanel for an account (self signed). The site also has it's own dedicate IP address.

However, when trying to go the site in opera or lynx (or anything) securely it gives transmision/can't connect errors. Apache is running. I've seen I should have an SSLEnable directive in the httpd.conf however if I place this in there apache can't restart as it doesn't recognize it.

Shouldn't the cpanel software edit the virtual host entries as needed for SSL and is there any guide anywhere's with details on how to properly set the server up for SSL? I'm begining to notice that the cpanel documention, at least on this site, is pretty useless (no offence) as it just repeats what's on the screen in a different order and doesn't bother to explain a little on at least some of things that are up to interpretation on their wording of items.

Thanks,

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not sure where you'd find more information, but to install the certificate you need to click the WHM > "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain" option and fill in the boxes with the information rhat you have for the certificate.

3. WilliamE

So customers can't do this through their own control panels? That seems rather silly, especially with the SSL Manager in there and all.

4. WilliamE

SSLInstaller was missing in the control panel though it was checked off to show up. Unchecked then rechecked and saved, it showed up and allowed me to install after realizing I also couldn't use opera for it because the drop down and javascript on the page didn't work with it.