The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL and WHM, my own hosting company couldnt help so i came here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drtekcom, Apr 21, 2005.

1. drtekcom

drtekcom Registered

its been 11 days and this issue hasent been resolved, over a hundred dollars spent, and dozens and dozens of articles read and walkthroughs obayed but still no sucess.

I purchased a SSL cert from godaddy and followed the intructions; >I went to generate a SSL cert, and entered in all the data, it then genereated a CSR and a Private Key which i then took the information and gave it to godaddy, and they issued me a certificate. thats all gravy,

the glitch is when i go back to WHM and click on "Install a SSL certificate" it has 3 big text boxes which after reading many articles have found out what each does. when i click on "fetch" for the first or second boxes it says "no CRT found ...so on and so on" so thats when i take the issued certificate from godaddy and paste it into the first one, then when i attempt to go into the domain box it automatically fills in the information for me and my user name and my IP address and it even fills in the second big text area which is the private key area for me. then i paste the final information into the last box which is the CA bundle key that godaddy also provided for me. ALL good right? wrong. with all the boxes filled in correctly it wont let me continue or click on "Do it". the button does allow me to click. the weird thing is when i click on fetch for the first box now, it will change the information in the first box into something different and now it will allow me to "do it" but the informations wrong and pointless. so what i do is go into my ftp and find the .crt file and edit it with the information that godaddy has given me, save the file and go back to click "fetch" in the first box thinking it will now bring in the information from the file i just edited, but no it doesnt, it keeps bringing in that same code that is incorrect. no matter what i do, it will always fetch that code that isnt the code that godaddy issued. another weird thing is when i go into my cpanel and go to ModSSL when i check out the crt section, the certificate "shows" me that it is the right one and is the one i edited the file with, so why doesnt WHM fetch the correct one? and how come when i manually delete the files from my FTP it just comes back 1 second later and it wont go away? i did everything documents and help files told me to, i even did them in every possible order 5 different times, why is that damn "Do it" button dissapearing? can someone please help me, no one else can, you guys are my only hope. thank you soo much and have a wonderful day

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I asume you are a reseller If your host cant help you or tell you whats wrong time to get a ne host or maybe the cert from go daddy is junk and you need to request a new one in this case go daddy should be supporting the certificatre "oops oh I forgot go daddy is a domain registar"

All you have to add is the cert that was emaild from go daddy

I could look at it for you if youy want ?

3. Finley Ave

Finley Ave Active Member

I never paste anything in the last box. I just paste the cert in the first box and it's good to go. I've done that several times.

4. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

I assume you have a dedicated IP. Is this your reseller account or an account created with your reseller account? When the information comes up after pasting the cert., is it correct?

I realize that these are basic questions that you've already looked at, but you must start somewhere.

5. drtekcom

drtekcom Registered

yes i am a reseller and yes i do have a dedicated IP. the last text area has to be put in as so godaddy says, and it wont let me click on "do it" if i dont put in the information correctly it wont let me proceed thats the problem im having

6. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

When installing a SSL through WHM you do not need to put anything in the cabundle box. I have installed hundreds of SSLs both with and without them. All you need is your CRT from Godaddy and the Key from when you setup the SSL.

7. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Is this godaddy cert a chained ssl?

8. linuxgirl

linuxgirl Active Member

Hello,

Try doing it from the back end in the httpd.conf search for the doman conifguration. Edit the following respectively for your domain and paste it below the domain virtual host portion.

<IfDefine SSL>
    <VirtualHost 00.00.00.00.:443>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html/
    BytesLog domlogs/domain.com-bytes_log
    ServerName domain.com
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com-ssl_log "%t %{version}c %{cipher}c %{clientcert}c"
    User user
    Group user
    SSLEnable
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/domain.com.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/domain.com.key
    SSLLogFile /var/log/domain.com
    UserDir public_html/secure
    #ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
    </VirtualHost>
    </IfDefine>

And then restart httpd.