The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Cert Installed by CPanel Client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by niatech, Jun 26, 2008.

1. niatech

niatech Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm not sure how to approach this. A client of a reseller purchased, created a .csr and installed a certificate on one of our servers, however it did not configure apache for it, nor do they have access to dedicated IPs. So, when I login as their user I see the SSL Cert, however, in WHM as root I cannot.

Would anyone be able to suggest a clean way to move this over to WHM's version of the SSL manager or setup/complete what they have done?

Thanks!

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Interesting. So the account is using the Shared IP Address?

In that case, cPanel will not complete the process of installing the SSL Certificate.

In WHM as root, goto Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain and type the domain name for the account in the Domain field. Does WHM fetch the Certificate?

3. niatech

Ok,

I will try that tonight and let you know how I make out. Thanks for your response!

4. niatech

That worked just fine. Didn't appear in the key list before or in the .csr list, but when I logged in as root and pasted the .crt file it, it located it.

The error probably occurred because the domain was not on a unique IP, do you think?

In either case, it is working now.

Thanks!