The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL cert usage for site, webmail, cPanel, WHM

Discussion in 'Security' started by OlympiaGuy, Mar 23, 2016.

1. OlympiaGuy

OlympiaGuy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey, first I want to say I love this community. Been reading posts here forever,

OK well I have a dedicated server and recently purchased a ssl cert. I was wondering if I can install the cert on all my services like ftp, webmsil, whm,
    Also when I go in whm into ssl cert manager I see that the ssl cert I have is under root and then there is the same one under the Apache tab in the manager,

2. 24x7serversecurity

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)
    Yes, you can install SSL on the Services like cPanel, FTP, Exim, from WHM. By default, self-signed SSL is already installed on those services. If you wish, you can install any SSL cert installed on the Server. But it will show warning if its belongs to any other domain other than the hostname. So it will be better if you get Cert for the Hostname and then use same SSL for the Services.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. jazee

jazee Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Isn't there a problem though in that if you have multiple domains on the server, it appears you can only install one Service SSL Cert. So if the base server is on hostdomain.com and you install a cert for that domain and you have multiple clients on all sorts of other domains, while you can install an SSL cert for their domain for their website and email, if you got to webmail.someclientsdomain.com you get and SSL warning because it's using the hostdomain.com SSL.

Anyway around that?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator