The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certificate expired problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FearlessG1, Jun 14, 2007.

1. FearlessG1

FearlessG1 Active Member

Hi all, im having problems with my ssl certificate in WHM. My ssl certificate has expired so i purchased a new one. i used the install certificate option in whm however the server was still bringing up the old cert. i tried deleting the the ssl host in whm and reinstalling the cert. i restarted the server. i deleted the certs from the /usr/share/ssl folders. i tried restarting again. my server is still bringing up the expired ssl certificate. what am i doing wrong?? not sure how it still brings up the old cert even though i deleted it from the /usr/share/ssl. i am using the current tree. any and all help is greatly appreciated. thanks all!

2. psychodreams

psychodreams Well-Known Member

:)

The ssl system in cpanel to me does seem a little buggy i had to call my Cerificate provider along with cpanel support removing them from my server. Personally I think the ssl system should be tweaked a little more like when you reissue a new key the old should be removed from the system automatically. It leaves a lot of junk behind i had to reinstall my certificate 3 times to get it to work. If you can provide type and where you got your cert I might be able to help you with it. Some parts of ssl urls still dont seem to function properly and that is with the key installed properly, My cert is on a deicated ip for a domain when you try to use some sites its trying to access a cert from the actual hostname thats on another ip. Im no expert at certs but I wasnt having these issues on cpanel 10,

1) When you Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request for one that has been done the system should be set up to delete the old ones cause it leaves a lot of junk behind or at least in the SSL Key/Crt Manager section there should be a delete option so you dont have to manually log in and do it

Like in the cpanel 10 if i used https://mydomain/whm it would bring up my domains cert
    now it tries to bring up a cert for the hostname. I dont think it should be doing that but i could be wrong but I can assure you it didnt do it in cpanel 10. When users started IE7 it always brings up the cert page which I cant stand which is the only reawsob i got a cert. seems useless now cause its back to square one well have to forever deal with the cert screen. Then you got the dummies asking is it safe to continue.

Just some input but maybe the ssl system should be checked out a little further by the cpanel staff