The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certificate install and resulting Error - host name mismatch

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JCOO8, Jul 11, 2016.

1. JCOO8

JCOO8 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello ( i am a novice),
    I installed a GeoTrust SSL certificate to replace the server self assigned certificate that was approaching expiry ( i thought i had to reisuue a certificate). I assigned all services to this certificate (ftp, Exim (SMTP) Server, Dovecot Mail Server, [Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services]. This server install seems successfully but i think i configured it wrong:

Local mail clients no longer verify the certificate and are bringing up the error ' host name mismatch'. I'd prefer that users do not have to re-trust the certificate in order to receive their mail. Better still 'i'd like the mismatch error' resolved.

How should this be done ? do i need to unassign the GeoTrust certificate ? reassign the self assigned certificate ? Please advise .

The sll certificate was in the name of the domain eg domain.com.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you verify which mail server name users have configured in their email clients? Does it match the SSL certificate name installed for email services? Also, are individual SSL certificates installed for the accounts, with the "Mail SNI" functionality enabled?

Thank you.