The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certificate issues on Add-on Domain with Separate Dedicated IP address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonathanD, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jonathanD

jonathanD Registered

Okay, so let me tell you where I am right now. I have successfully changed the ip address of an add-on domain. I have also successfully installed an additional SSL certificate to that add-on domain. So now I have two domains that have an SSL certificate, they both share the same folder on the server as well. The first domain SSL certificate is working just fine, however when you go to the second domain that I installed the SSL certificate on it is throwing up a certificate error that it belongs to the first domain.

Not sure what is causing this, all the ssl certificate tools I have used say it is setup properly, could it have something to do with the RewriteCond statements we are using in the .htaccess file? Or is it just not possible to have 2 domains, with 2 separate ip addresses pointing to the same document folder with 2 different SSL certificates?

Basically our RewriteCond statement is pulling in a php include file based on the HTTP_HOST which is a completely different website theme in our application. Example:

ssl one installed
    main-folder/

ssl two installed
    main-folder/ RewriteCond to pull in a theme that is unique to that user who is assigned to that domain.

The second scenario which we have not made it that far yet as I can’t get past this first scenario above would be adding SSL certificates to add-on domains that are not in the same folder, but folders within that same folder, for example:

ssl one installed
    main-folder/

ssl two installed
    main-folder/addon-domain-folder/

2. FlexiHost

FlexiHost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    SAN Name SSL's should help you then I think - we had this issue when a customer had a multi store setup, and required that kind of thing done as well.