lewis-teck

Apr 28, 2016
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello all!

Despite having quite a few websites on my VPS, only now is it that I have to start thinking about an SSL certificate... but I've never had one before!

If I have a "cPanel DV SSL Certificate" on "domain.com" (not the wildcard), that will mean that the green padlock shows in modern browsers, and that Firefox's warnings when putting my cursor in to fields saying "This connection is not secure" will disappear, for the front-end of the site, right?

Further to this, is it possible to have the DV SSL on the primary domain, but also keep AutoSSL to do cPanel/webmail/webdesk at the same time?

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

If I have a "cPanel DV SSL Certificate" on "domain.com" (not the wildcard), that will mean that the green padlock shows in modern browsers, and that Firefox's warnings when putting my cursor in to fields saying "This connection is not secure" will disappear, for the front-end of the site, right?
Yes, that's correct.

Further to this, is it possible to have the DV SSL on the primary domain, but also keep AutoSSL to do cPanel/webmail/webdesk at the same time?
Yes, in-fact that's how it works by default assuming you are using the AutoSSL feature to have SSL on the primary domain name. You can find documentation on this topic at:

Manage AutoSSL - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
So in reality, a single DV certificate for domain.com is enough to make my website secure? It's only $3!
Hello,

Yes, however note that domain validated certificates offered through the AutoSSL feature are free.

Thank you.