Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SSL certificate transfer to IIS

Discussion in 'Security' started by choros, Apr 16, 2019.

1. choros

choros Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

It is my first post here so please accept my apologises if I asked in wrong place. So I my main domain is hosted on cpanel and my subdomain is hosted on on my onw server(IIS). I can see that inside of cpanel.net I got SSL certificates for my domain and my subdomain. I am not sure what do I need to do if I want to use these certificates on my server. Do I need to submit my "new certificate request" to cpanel? if yes, how then? Do I need to purchase something extra to get it work on my server?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @choros

If the certificates you're using are the free SSL's provided by cPanel they cannot be rekeyed for IIS. You'll need to purchase a certificate from a provider specifically for the domains hosted on the server using IIS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...