The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'Security' started by Danr, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, Since two weeks, I had notificatios about expiration of my ssl certificate (I never installed it before). So I generate an autosigned ceriticate.

I installed it into whm following the instructions and now, all users (domains) i have hosted in my server has this problem:
    //
    Certificate Common Name (CN) and Hostname Match?
    The hostname (domain.com) does NOT match the Common Name in the certificate (xxx.domain.com). This certificate is currently invalid for this host.
    //

And also: The certificate is invalid.

My question: How to solve this? Because i discover that all the emails i send go to spam folder... :( And think that is the problem.

Question 2: Is there any way to remove certificate of all my domains? I don't need certificate, but I installed it into whm in >> Manage service SSL Certificate

Thank

2. danrussell

danrussell Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

You might be talking about Self-Signed SSL on your server which causes browser warnings. If you are getting Invalid certificate warning, then you should check the Hostname of your server. Then you can just reset the Certificate

https://documentation.cpanel.net/di...anageServiceSSLCertificates-ResetaCertificate

It is advised to use this Self-Signed SSL temporarily, until a valid certificate authority issues a signed certificate to replace it.

3. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I'm using a self-sifned SSL. But I only want to use it on root account (whm), not in domains. Is it possible?

Thank you

4. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That is the problem I talked about... My server certificate is ok, (self-signed certifacte). But all accounts I have hosted not... How can I solve it? I dont want ssl certificate in my accounts :S problema 1.jpg

5. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

How did you install the self-signed certificate? You should have done this via
    WHM => Service Configuration => Manage Service SSL Certificates.

If you did this via:
    WHM => SSL/TLS => Install an SSL Certificate On A Domain

Then that is incorrect.

The first option should be used for WHM/cPanel/Webmail etc. (and is for cpsrvd). The second option is for Apache and encompasses all domains.

6. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I install self-signed certificate as you typed the first option, but i generate the own certificate in :

SSL/TSL => Generate a certificate SSL and self signed

In the form, in domains field, I fill it with the host name. IE: ns5.mydomain.com

Is this correct?

7. cPanelPeter

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

No, you should remove the ssl certificate for your hostname from the SSL section in WHM. For your hostname it should ONLY be installed via Service Configuration => Manage Service SSL Certificates

8. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How to do it?

Yes, that actually that I have. but it seems to affect to all domains (accounts) I have hosted in my server

9. Danr

Danr Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In fact, Do i need a ssl certificate to my server?? The problem is that I install a ssl certificate from whm, but when i check all my domains have the same ssl.. and it makes me my emails go to spam??? and dont know how to solve it... any idea?

10. cPanelPeter

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Please open a support ticket using the link in my signature. We can take a look at this for you. Once the ticket is open, please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread accordingly.