The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ssl certification install problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by conlustro, Apr 17, 2013.

1. conlustro

conlustro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Strange problem I'm having. I installed a security certificate at first the wrong way, and now I'm trying to install another one and whm and cpanel only see the old certificate and not the new one. I cannot get it to work with new at all. What am I missing, what can I check to delete the old certificate? I went into /etc/ssl/ and deleted the old keys and certificates in there, but the site still sees the old certificate I have no idea how but it does.

Any help is appreciated.

2. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you cleared the browser cache and tried or from a different browser? If its still showing the same old certificate you need to check the following.

1. Open httpd.conf using an editor

2. Search for the domain in above file. Make sure that you search for the domain entries under ipaddress:443

3. Check for the following lines in the virtual host entry for the domain.

So now you know the path to the certificate files. Remove it and install again from WHM or just replace the files with the ceritificate manually.

Restart httpd.

Thats it.

Cheers!!!

3. conlustro

conlustro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Nevermind I figured it out, I was trying to install the cert for my hostname and I did a little more research to figure it out.