The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL certs breaking with cpanel on Mac OS X

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boysie, Jan 10, 2006.

1. boysie

boysie Registered

Jan 10, 2006
    I have a website that uses a wildcard cert to accept *
    It works fine on PCs, but when I use Safari 1.3.1 on the Mac (OS X 10.3.9) I get an error message saying it wont accept the root cert as valid. Like I said I don't get the error on a PC at all. I've tried it in a couple of browsers on the mac and it's different for each?!?
    Also, with my cert I ought to be able to do without a hitch. Mac's Mail application refuses to send at all when using ssl, and gives me the same can't validate root cert error when I get email via pop3 and ssl.

I had a friend check it out and he said he thought it might be a port issue. When I goto, no problem. Again, on a PC no problem...
    Pretty frustrating to say the least. I use a laptop to do my work a lot and find myself on other peoples (or insecure) pipeline (cafe's, etc.) That means I'm sending my email log info plain text if I check my mail while out...

Also, this only started to happen after our host upgraded cpanel last. They can't test for it (no Macs.)

Anyone else have this problem?