The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certs disappeared from manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JonathanLIVE, Mar 25, 2006.

1. JonathanLIVE

JonathanLIVE Well-Known Member

I installed 4 certs about a month ago.. but now when I look in the manager they are all gone.. however they are still working. Another cert that was installed later is still working and there though.

Besides this.. I have one cert that works in Firefox, but not in IE.. it appears to be a server side problem. I have had three people look at it besides myself and nobody can figure out why the cert will work for Firefox browsers, but doesn't work for IE.. can someone tell me where I should be looking to fix this?

Thanks

Jonathan

2. maximus_marcus

maximus_marcus Well-Known Member

Hello Jonathan,

Check to see whether the files are present in the folder /usr/share/ssl/certs as this is the place where all the certificates are stored on the server. For this you will have to login to the server shell.

Regards,
    Marcus
    The New Phase Of Support

3. JonathanLIVE

JonathanLIVE Well-Known Member

Yup.. all the files are there.

The only difference between the one domain that isn't working with IE and the others that are working ok.. is that the certificate is set towards a subdomain... secure.thedomain.com .. while the others are just thedomain.com.

It's working for Firefox browsers but not for IE users, which is why I believe it's a server side problem..

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks

4. maximus_marcus

maximus_marcus Well-Known Member

Hello,

Try deleting the SSL certificate and then try re-installing it through the WHM using the CA bundle key also as , this is the cause for this.