The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Certs on Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pxhost, Jan 7, 2009.

1. pxhost

pxhost Registered

I know, I have already searched for this in these forums. Does Cpanel currently have, or will it be released in the near future, the ability to install a separate SSL cert on an addon domain.

I've read that you can achieve this by editing the httpd.conf file and domain.db file, which seems to just be the DNS zone file which can be edited via WHM anyway...

I've seen posts in a search that were relevant from back in 2006. This is 2009. Has there been a solution for this? If it can be done manually, when can we expect it (or if it already exists, please show me where) to be automated for us.

Thank you.

2. sirbrent

sirbrent Well-Known Member

From the wording of your message I would guess that you already have a SSL certificate installed to the primary domain....

SSL Certificates require a dedicated IP. It isnt possible to have multiple certificates installed on a single IP. As far as I know it isnt possible to have a single account occupy multiple IPs. You can however move the addon domain to a seperate account (and IP) or perhaps rig something up with a wildcard certificate.

#2 sirbrent, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member