SOLVED SSL Duration?!

Reado

Sep 8, 2009
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I need to renew a 2-year EV SSL certificate but upon trying to do so via the UI, there's no option to specify the SSL duration (i.e. 2 years), nor does the UI or even the documentation say what the duration will be when the order completes.

It's really unhelpful and very frustrating that there's no mention of a duration any where.

Is there a way to specify the duration of the certificate, i.e. 1 year, 2 years etc?

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

You must check the SSL duration with the SSL provider. WIth some extra fees they will be able to provide you with the duration, as the SSL cost depends on its validity as well. There will be no validity meter to set on installation. The SSL validity is prebuild with the SSL.

Reado

Sep 8, 2009
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Extra fees? I can get the same certificate from another provider at a fraction of the cost! In fact, for only a few $ more, I can get an EV Wildcard certificate signed by the same CA.

The certificate was previously purchased via cPanel and back then they allowed one to select the duration. It says so on the invoice, and it was the same price then as it would be now if I bought two certificates separately.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator