The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Encryption is required for access.. error page displays upon making new account..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meonsite, Sep 8, 2011.

1. meonsite

meonsite Member

The site is nhlpicks.com if you go to it now you will see

"SSL encryption is required for access to this server.

What should be showing is my new account default empty public_html folder

Another strange error, we migrated from an old server to this one and the server always wants to assign the old primary IP even though it is not in the available IP list or the reserved IP list. I have looked through all the IP options panels and am not finding it anywhere. I am not sure why it always wants to assign that IP but I have been just allowing it and then manually using the Change a Sites IP address feature.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: SSL Encryption is required for access.. error page displays upon making new accou

That URL should not take you to cPanel. You've got some issues there on this server. That link to login using SSL is a bad link.

To set the IP, WHM > Server COnfiguration > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup, Basic Config tab.

3. meonsite

meonsite Member

Re: SSL Encryption is required for access.. error page displays upon making

Okay, the IP problem was due to the Basic Config tab setting being wrong, thank you for that. :)

Now for the SSL issue.. it is a strange one.. Would this potentially happen if I created custom nameservers at the webhost to point to the nameserver IPs of this server and used those host names rather than the real ones?

I.e. I have ns1.nhlpicks.com and ns2.nhlpicks.com pointing to the IP addresses of ns11.v6g.com and ns12.v6g.com

The only reason I do this is I heard it is better for SEO to have name servers the same as the domain name.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: SSL Encryption is required for access.. error page displays upon making

I never heard that myself. Not sure why search engines would be looking at nameservers.

Speaking of your nameservers, there are some issues with that setup:
    /http://www.intodns.com/nhlpicks.com