The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL for whm/cpanel/web mail

Discussion in 'Security' started by victormt, Jul 9, 2012.

1. victormt

victormt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How can i enable SSL for my WHM, CPANEL and Web Mail? Also, how can i do the following:

"When someone visits mydomain.com/cpanel they should automatically re-direct to my home page (mydomain.com/index.php)

Many thanks in Advance!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    WHM > Server Configuration > Tweak Settings, Redirection tab should be useful to you for the first part.

I'm not sure why you'd want them to be redirected to your website when trying to get to cPanel though, so not sure how to answer that one. Redirection for that can be edited though I believe, I recall a thread on these forums recently where something this was answered.

3. victormt

victormt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To ensure high security.. I do not want others to visit my cpanel.. Currently if someone visits mydomain.com/cpanel they are automatically re-directed to mydomain.com:2082 ... Also, i want to enable SSL for WHM, Cpanel, Webmail?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you want to restrict access to cPanel and/or WHM, you could use WHM > Host Access Control to restrict whostmgrd and cpaneld processes to your IP and deny all other IPs. That's the best way to restrict someone else from accessing it. If you don't have other clients on the machine, there's no need to allow them to hit the urls at all, and denying their IPs to even access if they aren't allowed is the best way to do that.