The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ssl help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ike, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ike

ike Well-Known Member

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me, I have read as many ssl posts in here as i could (there are plenty) but they havent answered the question i have. I apoligise if i have missed it....

i have whm/cpanel webhosting etc.

I hve a client who has a webpage for their business and they all use the webmail so they wanted ssl so they didnt get the untrusted site eror when they logged in. the site is on its own ip etc so i bought a couple of ssls certs. i figured i would use one for the hosting part of the server as well. but they clashed.... is there a way so they can both work and if so what am i doing wrong...

as an example....

i log into whm at https://myserver.com:2087 and would like my ssl that i bought to work for that.

they bought ssl for theres to work in whm for webmail...
    https://theirserver.com:2083

i installed mine and trid to install theirs but every time i went on their site it showed a mismatched server error showing my certificate. Is there a way to get them to work together and show the correct domains for each in the cert?

thanks in advance for your help.

2. ike

ike Well-Known Member

anything? anyone. pls your help would be greatly appreciated.

3. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Take a look in Tweak Settings in the Redirection part and see how you have it set up.

4. ike

ike Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. i appreciate anyone will to spend time answering questions to help people.

In tweak settings under redirection i have these settings...

always redirect users to the ssl ports is checked

when visting /cpanel etc without ssl Origin domain is checked

when visiting cpanel etc with ssl ssl certificate name is checked

I dont know if i explained it right or not.

eg.

my whm/cpanel servers host is myserver.mydomain.com

and this company has a hosting with me at therewebsite.com

they want ssl to work with their webmail which obviously is a cpanel port. i can get it working if i replace my certificate with theirs in manage service ssls for whm/cpanel and webmail but that stuffs up the rest.

manage service ssl's is where i had to add there ssl certificate for it to work with their cpanel webmail hence making mine a mismatched error for my ssl cpanel hostname. I was just hoping for a way so when they use cpanel under their domain name and cpanels port it showed their ssl certificate and when i logged into tyhe whm as root is showed my ssl cert.

is that possible at all?

once again, thank you for any help.

5. mark16

mark16 Registered

My way of trying to fix something is to start at the very begining and make sure everything works.

The first thing that comes in my mind, is to ask if the IP address for https://myserver.com:2087 and https://theirserver.com:2083 are different, as SSLs require a dedicated IP address.

The reason I suspect your using the same IP address is that your getting the mismatched error, although you have said you bought your own first, then your clients, but your seeing you own certificate, so that might not be the problem after all :-/