The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blb078, Feb 4, 2014.

1. blb078

blb078 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, I am a beginning in not on web development but also the ins/outs of cPanel. I'm trying to set up an SSL certificate on my wordpress site. I have a plugin installed called HTTPS which from what I can tell just helps manage what pages you want to have ssl on. I got my SSL certificate from godaddy, they are not the hosting provider, that is done on a friends server but he is not available for a while. I thought I setup the certificate correctly but I'm not 100% sure as I'm getting an error when I go to the pages I want SSL on my site. Those pages are your basic account/checkout type pages(create an account, my account, checkout, etc) I'm looking for help to know if I setup my SSL right in cPanel or if this is an issue w/the plugin I have installed in wordpress. But I'm not sure what all I need to post up here. Thanks

#1 blb078, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the exact steps you took to install the SSL certificate, and the specific error messages you are receiving?

Thank you.