The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL install issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danmcs, Jan 7, 2013.

1. danmcs

danmcs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi folks,
    I've been trying to install a new SSL cert using WHM/cPanel and having some issues, hope someone can help!

The issue, essentially, seems to be that WHM is picking up an old CA bundle and automatically applying it when I paste in a new certificate using the "Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain" of WHM. When I go to this page and add the CRT the "Paste the ca bundle here (optional):" field is automatically populated with something like the following:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MhD8S...
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIHW....
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----

The second block is the CA bundle for the certificate I'm trying to install, the first is, I'm guessing, the block for a previously installed certificate for this domain.

In the past when I've had SSL issues with WHM I've taken a "delete the lot and start again" approach, and I've tried to remove all traces of old SSL certs using both the "Manage SSL Hosts" and "SSL Key/Crt Manager" in WHM and the SSL manager in cPanel. I seem to have successfully deleted old certs from these areas and my.domain.com no longer appears anywhere, but when I try to install the new certificate the double CA bundle problem persists.

Any ideas?

Also when deleting all the old details I have deleted the RSA key, but when trying to add it in again via cPanel I get an invalid key error. Will I need to generate an entirely new key and go back to our Certificate Authority or should it be possible to manually re-enter an old key?

Thanks,

Dan