The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Jan 27, 2004.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2002
    All over!
    We have an SSL reseller account & when we signed up & funded our account we received a free premium SSL Cert. I would like to setup this Cert to do all of the following. Can it be done or will I need more than 1 cert?

1) Replace the default cert that comes with cPanel/WHM.
    We have reset this cert (for free) within WHM which got rid of the middle Security alert that said the cert was expired but when trying to check secure e-mail we still get a the first & last security alerts. The first of the 3 alerts says something like "You have not trusted this cert" the third says "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" which it has always said. The first alert is not a big deal but my question is, will replacing this cert with our own get rid of both errors or just the last one? Note that the default cert from cPanel is issued to Can we change the webmail secure port 2096 to use rather than

2) Configure the server/cert to give all of our hosting clients (1 server) access to a shared SSL. The client would access their secure pages via Note: This feature would only be used for securing clients admin folders or other minor needs. We make full blown e-commerce clients that will be processing credit cards purchase a dedicated SSL cert for their site!

3) Configure all cPanels & WHMs as a mandatory secure login.

The questions are...
    a. What is the best domain to install this cert on & be able to do all 3 of the above tasks? IE: Note: our server name is IE: server & the url of our server is IE:

b. Can this one cert be used for all 3 of the above goals?