Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SSL/Install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stevejac, Jun 17, 2005.

1. stevejac

stevejac Member

I just got my wildcard cert. And was trying to install in, in WHM. I found a post (mini install) on how to do this, The only proble I am having, is when I created the request, I did not have an option for a user. But to do the install it asks for a user and will not complete the install without a user. And ideas would be great.
    Thanks
    SJ :(

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

when you generated the CSR and ordered the certificate you would have had to supply a domain name. The User is the account username for the domain that you specify when you set up the domain in WHM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stevejac

stevejac Member

SSL/ Install

Ron,
    It is a wildcard cert. so the domain is *.c2chosting.net, is that also going to be the user?
    Thanks
    SJ :eek:

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I think user should be the username for the domain c2chosting.net

-----
    Aby :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stevejac

stevejac Member

Aby

I tried that and got this error
    an error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
    Any ideas
    Thanks

6. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Did you assign dedicated IP's to the subdomains also ?

------

7. stevejac

stevejac Member

Aby

I do not have a subdomain yet, I got the wildcard to cover what ever I make as a subdomain then I do make one. Now should I be doing this under WHM or under the account c2chosting.net ?

8. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I think it should be under c2chosting.net. Also please verify the domain does have a dedicated IP and that is not use by any other domains. Please double check httpd.conf to confirm it.

---

9. stevejac

stevejac Member

Aby,

Well I have 3 different domains using the same ip, I would guess I need to setup my server different. I would guess I need to have only c2chosting with a public ip and every domain should be setup as an addon domain under my account c2chosting.net.
    Does this seem correct ?
    I set every domain up with the same public ip address.
    This must be my problem? :eek:
    SJ

10. aby

aby Well-Known Member

That is an issue though i am not sure it is the only issue in the installation of the certificate. The domain on which the certificate to be installed should have a dedicated IP. Though other domains are to be set up as an addon domain, it should have a dedicated IP for the wildcard cert to work. You may get the help from the certificate issuing authority. They will be able to help you more than anyone. I think now you need to RE-Key your certificate after assigning the dedicated IP and you should try installation with the re-issued certificate.

----

11. stevejac

stevejac Member

Aby,

Thanks for your help, I did some looking around, and found what I was doing wrong. It was not and IP address problem, but when I was setting up the cert in WHM I was using *.c2chosting.net, for the domain, I needed to put the subdomain name in under the domain option. Once I did this it pulled the ip for me as well as the user. All I had to do was add the last key.
    Thanks
    Again

12. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Glad to know that it is working for you now. But still I believe the wild card certificates need separate IP for all the subdomains
    --