The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSL Installation problem with WHM.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WebSun, Mar 31, 2002.

1. WebSun

WebSun Registered

Hi,

Somebody can explain me in plain English (sorry I’m not a Guru) how the installation of a ssl certificate from Geotrust/Equifax can be done with WHM, I have try to install one and had a lot of problem: httpd server won’t restart after the failed installation, after trying to reinstal I was in the obligation to edit and delete in the httpd.conf all the information about my secure domain, and only after deleting those information I was able to restart apache.

1-to be clear on what is what in the key and certificate:

SSL CERTIFICATE SIGNING REQUEST, this is the CRS that you send to CA (certificate authority), generate by your server?, .
    Equifax Secure eBusiness Certificate, is this the CA key?
    Web Server Certificate, this my certificate.
    Where I put the RSA Private key? or normally where this file is located on the server?

In my first installation I use the fetch function to fill the first field (Paste the entire .key file here: ) and then in the second field (Paste the entire .crt file here: ) I copied the web server certificate into this field.

I was able to go to https://secure.mydomain.com but I received an error message “This server’s certificate chain is incomplete and the signer(s) are not registered. Accept?” I assume that the browser was looking for the CA Key…

I received also at the end of the installation a error message “error 20 at 0 lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate”

Where I need to install the Equifax Secure eBusiness Certificate? And what is my secure.mydomain.com.KEY ?

Thank you for your help, please be clear I don’t want to crash apache again.

Thanks

2. hst

hst Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but its working now

I had the same issue, but now use geotrust exclusively. I discovered that my email program (Outlook) was reformatting the emails so the info that was installed was not correct. I then went to my outlook express program and when I go the email in outlook express I cut and pasted the code into notepad which then put it in plain text. Then I recut it and pasted it in the order for the crt. Then used that to order the crt. Once you receive the code back from them, past it again first in notepad then cut it from notepad and past it int the crt field. I tried for months to get it to work before I discoved the problem with outlook and outlook express does not seem to change the plain text emails as outlook does.

Just a tip, hope it works for you.

3. denisdekat

denisdekat Active Member

similar in a way

Hi,

I was able to do this also, only I get a certificate warning. When I view the vcertificate it states clearly that it is a equifax cert with my own domain name on it. Any idea on getting this part to work?

Andres

4. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

[quote:14db93028c][i:14db93028c]Originally posted by denisdekat[/i:14db93028c]

Hi,

I was able to do this also, only I get a certificate warning. When I view the vcertificate it states clearly that it is a equifax cert with my own domain name on it. Any idea on getting this part to work?

Andres[/quote:14db93028c]

I have the exact same problem. It's using the SSL cert, but it gives a warning that it's not trusted. Anyone who knows how to correct this for WHM?

5. DHL

DHL Well-Known Member

It may not be what you want but this may work:-

&script language=&Javascript&&
    onAlert=return true;
    &/script&

Will stop the pop up errors.

Steve

6. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

I don't think that is the solution DHL. The problem is WHM needs to recognize/use the root certificate. Anyone have any suggestions?